I really fancied Halloumi, again.. to be honest anything that includes cheese is a winner for me. I’ve been eating a lot of Halloumi recently as it’s so quick to ‘cook’ it’s like a posh cheese on toast, exactly what this recipe is I guess.
One of the best things about Halloumi is it’s saltiness however you can balance this a little by adding sweetness to the dish, the reason for the sweet peppers and sweet chilli sauce.
I’ve only recently started cooking Halloumi in a pan, The Halloumi produces liquid to begin with however once this cooks away you’re left with golden brown squeaky cheeeeeeeeese!
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Sweet peppers
- Slice your peppers and roast in the oven for around 20 mins at 200 fan
- Slice the halloumi, this is completely up to you how thick you have the slices
- Add to a dry frying pan on a medium heat and cook until brown either side
- Mash the avocado and add to your toasted bread
- Add your halloumi and roasted peppers on top of the avocado and finish with a drizzle of sweet chilli
Give the recipe a go, let me know what you think!